RSS

The youngest person ever to be diagnosed with breast cancer has made a full recovery at the age of three


3yr old girl beats breast cancer

The youngest person ever to be diagnosed with breast cancer has made a full recovery at the age of three, reported the Daily Mail.

When Melanie Hunter found a little lump on her daughter Aleisha's chest, she thought it was a harmless cyst. "It was a tiny little hard lump, the size of a pea," Mrs Hunter told the Daily Mail.

After hospital tests, Mrs Hunter was told it was nothing serious and Aleisha was sent home, but the lump carried on growing. After the lump had grown to 2cm and was causing Aleisha such pain she was unable to sleep, Mrs Hunter took her daughter back to the hospital.

"I couldn't believe it when they told me what it was," Mrs Hunter said. "I was unbelievably shocked - stunned. I didn't think a child that young could get breast cancer."

Aleisha, from Toronto, Canada, underwent a mastectomy and had 16 lymph nodes removed from her armpit to see if the cancer had spread after the doctors discovered the cause of the lump in December 2008, when she was two.

Luckily, the cancer had not spread which meant Aleisha did not need chemotherapy or radiotherapy.

"I know I had cancer in my booby and that the doctors made it better," Aleisha said. "I know that cancer can make some people go to heaven, but I am better now," she told the Daily Mail.

Source: Korea Herald/ANN
Published Jan 11 2011

Read more/More news on: http://www.dailychilli.com/news/

Credits to and source taken from: http://www.dailychilli.com/news/

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors Map

Online Users