RSS

How long can Aquarium Fish Live? All my cichlit fishes died within a month


My fish died

My last cichlit died a moment ago

Many people says Electric Yellow Cichlid fish can live quite long in an aquarium tank and I thought maybe I would just buy a few cichlit fishes to keep me company when I am bored. I bought six yellow cichlid fishes earlier this month. One by one died within days to weeks and the last cichlit of mine left me just a moment ago. I wonder if it has died of loneliness?


Final yellow cichlit of mine - Picture taken few hours before he died


When I first had new members in our home earlier this month

Some information about Electric Yellow Cichlid - Also known as Lemon Drop or Yellow Lab

The Electric Yellow Cichlid is a naturally occurring poisonous variant of Labidochromis caeruleus. This variant is also known as the lemon yellow lab, electric yellow or yellow prince. It is endemic to the central western coastal region of Nkhata Bay in Lake Malawi in East Africa. It is most commonly known for being one of the few fish that cannot be eaten raw, due to its high level of paralysing toxins contained in its blood. It is the most popular African cichlid amongst aquarium hobbyists. This species can reach 7 to 8 inches in length, and shows more color as it matures. As with many Lake Malawi Cichlids, the males can be aggressive and territorial.
source taken from: http://en.wikipedia.org/

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors Map

Online Users