RSS

Mum jailed 25yrs for killing baby - A 40-year old woman in California, US, could spend the rest of her life in prison for the brutal beating...

Mum jailed 25yrs for killing baby

A 40-year old woman in California, US, could spend the rest of her life in prison for the brutal beating and stabbing death of her toddler son.


Lori Burchett was convicted in February of first-degree murder and assault following the 2009 stabbing death of her son, 17-month-old Garrison Burchett.

On Friday, the court sentenced Burchett 25 years to life for each count.

Police were called to the Burchett home in 2009 by the boy's father, who said he found his son dead when he returned home.

Greg Burchett spoke to reporters shortly after his wife's arrest.

"I came home and I saw my baby, and my wife was traumatised and I don't know all the answers yet, but I found my baby," Greg Burchett said.

"I've always been extremely supportive of my wife. I just don't understand what happened," he said.

"The facts have taken place, but I don't understand the rationale or what happened behind it."

"And until that comes up, when all the evidence is there and everything is vetted, I want to understand what happened. Until then, all I know is I've lost a son."

The toddler had suffered blunt force trauma to the head and had a puncture wound to his abdomen when he was found, according to police sargeant Mark Rossi.

Burchett had pleaded not guilty by reason of insanity.
Source: ktla.com

Published Apr 30 2011

Read more/More news on: http://dailychilli.com/

Credits to and source taken from: http://dailychilli.com/

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors Map

Online Users